Formed in 1993, Nevada HAND is a non-profit corporation with the mission to improve the lives of low-income individuals by providing affordable housing solutions and supportive services. In pursuit of this mission, Nevada HAND has grown into a full service real estate development company with the ability to design, develop, finance, construct, and manage affordable housing either for sale or rent. We currently own and/or operate over 3,100 housing units in more than 30 affordable properties.
As a Nevada-based non-profit organization and HUD-certified Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO), Nevada HAND receives preferences for affordable housing development dollars under the Nevada Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program, HOME and Low-Income Trust Fund Program, and the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco’s Affordable Housing Program.
Nevada HAND was the first affordable housing developer:
- To develop Nevada’s first affordable assisted living facility, Silver Sky Assisted Living Residence, located at 8220 Silver Sky Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89145 using free land donated by the City of Las Vegas;
- To develop Nevada’s first federally discounted land sale under The Southern Nevada Public Lands Management Act of 1998, Harmon Pines Senior Apartments, located at 6000 West Harmon Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89103;
- To develop the first permanent affordable housing for chronically homeless individuals using HUD’s Supporting Housing Program’s Continuum of Care funds for Horizon Crest Family Apartments located at 13 West Owens Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Our Funding Sources:
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC)
- HOME / Low Income Housing Trust Funds (LIHTF)
- Federal Home Loan Bank’s Affordable Housing Program (AHP)
- Continuum of Care’s Supportive Housing Program (COC / SHP)
- HUD 202
- Conventional Construction and Permanent Financing